Welcome to the Open Dots™ Alliance website!
Open Dots™ is a specification describing a popular wire-free power technology. This specification is maintained by the Open Dots Alliance™, and is self-regulated by the industry through the Open Dots™ Alliance program. See: Open Dots Alliance Membership Agreement. With this, members can display the Open Dots Compatibility mark on compatible products:
The standard is called “open” because the specification and certification is public and open. It is called “dots” because products employing the standard use a distinctive pattern of contact “dots” to transfer power.
Open Dots is technically superior to many competing technologies:
- Ultimate Safety: Does not employ electromagnetic fields.
- Free positioning: Devices run anywhere on a pad at any orientation.
- High power: Can power devices up to 160 Watts.
- Power Diverse: low and high power devices can run side-by-side.
- High efficiency: The technology can be made nearly 100% efficient.
- Low Cost: Implementation of the technology is inexpensive.
All interested parties are encouraged to browse this site and learn why Open Dots™ may be the ideal wire-free power technology for your product.
Your company can become a member of the Open Dots Alliance by signing and submitting the Open Dots Alliance Membership Agreement.
Open Dots™ Participating Companies: