Welcome to the Open Dots™ Alliance website.
Open Dots™ is an open source specification describing a fast-growing wire-free power technology that delivers many benefits over competing technologies. This specification is maintained by the Open Dots Alliance, and is self-regulated by the industry through the Open Dots Alliance program.
It is called “Open” because the specifications and compliance information is available to the public. It is called “Dots” because products employing the standard use a distinctive pattern of contact “dots” to transfer power.
Open Dots is technically superior to competing wire-free power technologies:
- Ultimate Safety: Does not employ electromagnetic fields.
- Free positioning: Devices run anywhere on a pad at any orientation.
- High power: Can power devices up to 160 Watts.
- Power Diverse: low and high power devices can run side-by-side.
- High efficiency: The technology can be made nearly 100% efficient.
- Low Cost: Implementation of the technology is inexpensive.
All interested parties are encouraged to browse this site and learn why Open Dots™ may be the ideal wire-free power technology for your product.
Disclaimer: The manufacturers of any products employing the Open Dots technology are solely responsible for the performance and safety of their products. Open Dots Alliance assumes no risk or responsibility for the safety or other shortcomings of products employing this technology nor for the accuracy of the contents of this web site. All information provided on this website is subject to change. Open Dots Alliance assumes no liability for any such changes.